Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Going to Montreal

Tomorrow, Steph and I are going to Montreal to see Duran Duran at the Metropolis. We are making a real trip out of it and staying over night and coming back on Thursday. There will be lots of good shopping, great live music, great food and lots of drinking.

I'm pretty stoked! And although Stephanie is 10 years younger than me- I think she is too.

Talk about getting in touch with your muse. Music has such an influence on my art and my process and Duran Duran (believe it or not) is one of my favorites right now. I was a huge fan when I was in high school and then sort of fell out of love with them in the 90s. I recently re-discovered them when they put out their Astronaut record and have been hooked sinced.
I've been processing the why's that are behind the connection between my art and this band, and it has a lot to do with the moodiness of it all. There's a certain poetic melancholy that I associate with the lyrics. There's that old connection of their heart throb status in my past- but then there is this new connection that is more deeply rooted in something else. Je ne comprehend pas.

No comments: