Monday, May 5, 2008

WOC- Round #1 -Lin's Book


I mailed out Lin's book to Linda today- procrastinating as usual, but it's done and in the mail- on time. Lin's book blew me away-it's about her Mom and she did three pages up front about her. She survived Nazi Germany during WW2 and immigrated to the US- What a great story- Lin's color theme was blue- so I kept my St Joan and tried to bring in the blue as much as possible- Although, I did have a big happy accident. What I thought was blue glaze was really green- so when I was NOT paying attention and liberally applied it to the page- and then looked down! OMG! it was an oops! moment. But all and all, i think the green actually helps make the page have a little more life-

It is a challenge-trying to find a way to mesh my visual aesthetic with other people's.


The quote that I included, is by Ayn Rand and reads:
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.
In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all,
do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved,
but never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won,
it exists, it is real, it is possible,
it is yours.

I happened on this quite unexpectedly and now have it taped to the window in my office. It is my inspiration these days- I think, if St Joan had lived when Ayn did, she was say it herself.

It is like the litany against fear.... so simple and so powerful....

In other news- I have still yet to finish my reunion book and I am headed back down to LI/NYC at the end of the month- I really wanted to finish- so I could give to Ted, Patrick, Jennifer and Mike- in person. I know why I am dragging my feet- but, I really need to get over it and move on- I need to look at this project like all the other AB projects that I had- a real deliverable that must be a quality product done by a certain time. Hard to think of art as a deliverable, though.

Michael de Meng's class is at the very end of the month. I need to start collecting supplies and stuff for that! I am really looking forward to going. I still need a place to stay- I should figure that out REAL soon....

It is so wonderful to report that as I am writing this, I am sitting out on my deck, listening to the traffic go by, the birds singing, watching the sun set over the green mountains. The lilac bushes have sizable buds on them. The world renews itself, without man's intervention. Oh spring, what joy!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is fantastic, wonderful work on this...