Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother of all yard sales

Yesterday the boys and i went to "the mother of all yard sales." Put on by the volunteers for the Central Vermont Community Land Trust. All the proceeds of the event went to support the development of affordable housing in VT.

Definiately kicked off my summer yard sale season. I kept my purchases under $10- which is how I budget things lately. Found somethings to list on EBAY, and some to make into art. Other things, like a fabulous red hobo bag, just for me...

There's a set of four vintage cocktail trays that I am going to use as the bases for a series of collages, sort of their frames. Five very cool old books to alter. A neat little armoire, to make into a shrine, the door hinges need some work. A large card tin. A strange little bunny, a plastic goose ( I don't know why, I just really liked it- Might need to do a shrine for Leda.) Tibetan prayer flags. 2 pairs of brand new Frye sandals.

Afterwards, we had our first T-ball game of the season. Go Oriels!
Summer must be finally coming....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Very nice finds, isn't that fun?
~xx~
Kathy