Friday, May 23, 2008

Under the Influence

My trip to NYC has been incredibly inspiring and invigorating. I've found that so many thinks that have sparked my thought process. things that have made me look at the worlds differently. it's been amazing. i went to the whitney, MOMA, the American Folk Art Museum
the center for the book. i took in a lot of interesting architecture that i had taken for granted. i went to the anthropologie store at rockerfeller center and was very impressed my the book as art displays. very cool. all and all it has been really amazing.


























So now that i am home- it's time to get back to work- make more art and get ready for my class this weekend. I feel completely re-energized.

i still owe a post on the friends of mine book that it did for my reunion. i will scan and upload pix later today or tomorrow. i handed them off to jennifer, patrick, ted and mike. i have to mail to chris and heather. the reconnecting has been incredible for me. it's given me a "spark" that i cannot comprehend- and will not pause to "analyze."  as some say i do too much of.

more info on urban alchemy artist collection in  park slope to come as well. my meeting with imaan went really well. she even has some boxes and a book in her store.  spending time with adam and angela in bklyn really helps to get a sense of what is going on outside of VT. the mountains are great for creating in, but sometimes you need that outside influence.






1 comment:

Jodi Ohl said...

I'm glad you had such an energizing experience while on your trip. I think you are right, sometimes it takes just getting out of your four walls our outside of your community to see things a little differently.

Can't wait to see what new things you come up with and a report on your class with Michael!!