Monday, October 11, 2010

Michael deMeng comes to VT!

(finally... yeah!!!!)
 
(c) Michael deMeng
About two years ago, I drove down to Topsfield MA, to take some classes with Michael deMeng at Absolutely Everything. What happened to me that weekend was equivalent to taking a can opener to the top of my head and just cranking away.  It was the catalyst to the art that I am making now. The point of no return. The beginning of my transformation. 
 
Now fast forward to the present, I have my work up at the S.P.A.C.E.  gallery and opening my debut Art Exhibition,, "What Remains" in about 2 weeks. There are so many opportunities are unfolding in so many strange and wondrous ways. And for the icing on the cake, Michael is teaching here, this weekend in Vermont! and only 15 minutes from my house at Shelburne Arts Center!  In addition to teaching to classes, Pandora's Box and Angels and Demons, he is showing some of his recent work in an Exhibition in the SAC gallery. How's that for luck. I am so excited to be taking a class with him again. I can't imagine where this weekend will end up taking me creatively. We will just have to see.

(c) Michael deMeng
I know there are some spots open for his class, contact SAC @ (802) 985-3648 for more info or check Michael's website for details. He's a terrific teacher, with a great sense of humor and creative insight. He is also a huge inspiration to me as well as a lot of other mixed media artists I know. If you get a chance to swing down to Shelburne, stop by the reception on Friday Night from 5-8pm, check out Michael's magical assemblages and say hi! It's going to be a ton of fun!









1 comment:

QueenBe said...

What a great opportunity for you, I am so envious! Havea great time....