Sunday, November 29, 2009

World Traveler




Well friends and neighbors, it's that time of the year again. Time to take the show on the road and make my annual trek to Asia. My day job, for a large outerwear/snow sport manufacturer, sends me to mainland China and Taiwan, about this time very year to finish up the development cycle and put our products in to bulk production.

My job, as a Technical Design Supervisor is to oversee all the specifications for fit and construction of our outerwear lines. I work with a fantastic team of people who help me make pattern corrections, fit styles on a live model, advise sizing specification and work out all details of quality for each garment we manufacture.

This year we have add two new cities to our tour. For the first time I will be headed to Vietnam and Bangladesh to work with facilities there. It should be a very exciting learning experience. I am looking forward to working with this group and to the inspiration each country will reveal.

So, until I return, my best wishes for a safe and happy holiday.

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

what fun! Travel safely

Artsnark said...

Just popping in to wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas