Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am a winner!

I am extremely blessed. It's true. I have such amazing and supportive friends all around me. Having their friendship is the biggest prize of them all. How lucky I am.
Some of the dearest people in my life right now, are some souls I have never met in person but have found on etsy. Fellow mixed media artists who have found each other through some accident of fate on the forums. Alisa Nordholt-Dean is one of the fabulous people, I can't say enough about. I was so lucky to win her blog giveaway this week.



Her pendant and print arrived yesterday. Perfect timing to put my head back in the right place. Thursday was not so good for me. So Friday got turned around going in the right direction. Alisa, will probably never really know what an impact her random act of kindness had on my life, but there you are. The pendant is hanging on the mirror in my bedroom to remind me to embrace life. And smile.

This leads me to my next point.

I'm on an emotional quest to find joy. That in itself, may sound strange to you. I have always been amazed by the people who seem to have so much joy in to share. People who smile full broad smiles, that come naturally. I have some dear friends who have wonderful smile lines on their faces. ( you all know who you are.) Me? I'm a thinker, I have deep lines across my forehead. Smiles don't always come easy for me.

Is it too late for me to find joy?

I turned 40 on Thursday and I think it is still possible. I suppose I have to make it one of my Hairy Audacious Goals. I'm challenging myself to bring more light and color into my art- and with that- I think I have to challenge myself to notice beauty and joy in my life everyday.
Do you?






4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Happy 40th!

The pendant and print are marvelous...lucky you and what birthday timing!

Never too late to find joy! I believe it's there if you look for it!

Artsnark said...

Love the prizes - the print made me smile! Not an easy task on a Monday morning (but much needed).

Love your art but can understand the desire for color. I was 30 when I started adding color. Now there are days when I ruin a perfectly good piece by forcing color on it.

I hear you on the quest for joy- it can be a challenge some days but well worth the hunt.

QueenBe said...

You are indeed lucky to have won this awesome pendant. I love her pendants and maybe next time I will win :P . Aren't we all on a quest for joy? What I mean is, if we aren't, then what is the point of living? I don't think there is ever anything wrong with wanting "more", as long as we are always thankful for what we already have.

risa said...

It is never too late to find joy...I got remarried at age 46, after 20 years of being single (and raising 2 kids on my own)...and thanks to my loving husband's support I have my own studio. Life can be so good when you're not expecting it!