Sunday, August 21, 2011

Winners and Losers

Yesterday, I spent the day at Artists Medium, teaching some incredible women how to make altered books. It was a great group and I am so inspired by their creativity and energy. I want to give a special shout out to Chelsea, Kristen and the entire staff at AM, who always make me feel so at home when I teach in their space! Thank you!
Also, I am sure you all want to know who is getting the Altered Book Kit.... Can I have a drum roll please.....

The winner of my altered book giveaway is Carol Berger... Miss Queen Bee, herself! Thank you, Carol for sharing the love of Glimmering Prize too all your peeps on Facebook. Carol is a terrific mixed media artist, herself. I can't wait to see what she makes from all the great paper and materials I'm sending her.

If you didn't win this time, don't worry, I am doing another very special giveaway at the end of the month. I'll give you a hint... it has something to do with boxes...and another class that I am teaching @ Art-Is-You in Danbury, CT.

After pulling together all the materials for Carol's prize I realized just how much "stuff" I have filling the shelves in my workroom. 

I've been busy working on new pieces for up coming shows and I have no where to put the completed work. So I have to clear out some space in the workroom. I spent a good portion of the morning photographing tons of great ephemera packs and old photos, that I just don't have the space for. 

My loss is your gain. Check out my ETSY site all this week. I will be listing like crazy.  There will be new stuff added daily.  This is just a teaser of some of the stuff I am listing....There will be lots of old photo lots, Ephemera paper collage packs, beautiful old sheet music, vibrant children's books with wonderful illustrations, and lots of rusty bits.  There might even be an odd curiosity or two. Wonderful stuff for all your mixed media projects.  Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have an artful day!



3 comments:

Artsnark said...

Congrats to the QueenBe! She is one lucky lady!

Art From The heart said...

Oh my Congrats to the Queen,such a lucky gal!
Hugs

QueenBe said...

Yess! I am thrilled and excited to be winning oodles of items! Can't wait to start work on my altered book :) Thank you Lorraine!