Wednesday, September 22, 2010

my captain





Working and getting over a cold. That's what I have been doing since I can home from the gallery at 404 Pine Street after an energizing Art Hop Weekend, The Hop was great and really has motivated me to get into the workroom every night. My solo show at Seminary Arts in the Center is opening in about a month and I have tons of work to do!

Here's a little taste of the work that is going into the show.

This piece, I like to call, Captain O My Captain, I finished late last night.  When found the frame and the tintype at Whistle Stop Antiques I just fell in love with him. For months he sat on my worktable with a few other elements, waiting patiently for me to commit to him. Finally, something swept me up, and I started in on him with fervor. It's strange to me how things just are that way. That odd moment when something clicks and the work "just happens"

I'll be looking for some more of that inspiration to strike me tonight.  I'm working on a few more soul houses as well as a very large piece about nightmares. Time to get back to work.


No comments: