Monday, May 19, 2014

Moving

23 years. That's a long time. We, my husband Jim and I moved to Vermont in 1991. We left the hustle and bustle of New York for a life that was less hectic and a space that was less congested.  Now it seems we are going forward into a adventure and moving to Madison, Wisconsin.

I was recently offered a really wonderful job with a highly respected and outstanding apparel manufacture who is based out of Dodgeville, WI. Dodgeville is about 45 minutes west of Madison. It's a rural farming community with about 2,000 residents if you don't count the employees of Lands' End who make the commute into town on a daily basis. We will end up living somewhere in between. The moving trucks come in August and although that feels like it is at the very end of our (albeit short) summer I know it will be here quicker than I can imagine.

So now everyday involves so cleaning, organizing and de-stashing. We are having a huge yard sale this weekend. And I have decided to open up my studio and have a special moving sale.  I'll be selling many of my earlier works at a discount to move them out so I don't have to pack them. There will be collage, assemblages and prints. I will also be getting rid of a ton of rusty things, ephemera, old picture frames, what ever you need to make your own assemblages. I am not sure how big my studio will be in our new place, so I need to par down as much as possible.

Jack and I concurred the garage yesterday and one of the the garden sheds the week before. Making my lists and sticking to it as close as I can.

If you are in the Burlington area, don't be a stranger, come on by and say hi! (or good-bye, I suppose, as it shall be.) There will be lots of bargains and goodies out there on the lawn....


877 Old Creamery Rd
Williston, VT 05495

Friday, May 23rd: 9am to 3 pm
Saturday May 24th: 9 am to 4 pm


Feels good to let go of all these things. And give them to homes that will love them as much as I have.

Be well friends.  I'll post more later this week. There's so much going on for me right now and I do want to share it with you.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Major change! Good luck with the move and with settling in!