Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ghost Stories

Well, to say this summer has been a whirlwind is an understatement. I can't believe it's August already. Where has the time gone? I know a lot of my time has been invested with work, family and school. Just about a week ago, I was taking down a semester's worth a work at Vermont College of Fine Arts exhibit space, lovingly called "the ARK." I was really pleased with the feedback the faculty and the visiting "critters" had to give. So now, with one whole semester behind me, I can move into semester #2 of a 4 semester journey through graduate school.

copyright LReynolds 2012
copyright LReynolds 2012
This semester I will be focusing all of time and energy into researching ghosts and hauntings. Text and articles to read have been piling up on my desk. Movies to watch are queuing up. The purpose of this research is to better understand what it means for something to be "haunted." What makes a ghost, a ghost? How is it that some people see then and some people don't? Why do spaces and places, like old houses, cemeteries and abandoned buildings fill some people with dread and horror, when other people go hunting for spirits and spectral evidence?  These are just a few examples of the ideas that I am exploring. 

copyright LReynolds 2012
One of my projects will be to document abandoned spaces and those places considered ghostly or haunted through photography and video. Last weekend I went out looking at some old sites and I thought you might be interested in see what I uncovered... 
I will share more as they come.
copyright LReynolds 2012
copyright LReynolds 2012

copyright LReynolds 2012


copyright LReynolds 2012


copyright LReynolds 2012
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Please remember that I retain the rights to all original photography posted. While I am honored and flattered that you might enjoy the work enough to want to use or repost other places, please do not do so with out express permission from the artist. 
Thanks! Lorraine

No comments: