Saturday, January 17, 2009

On the Verge

I am designing costumes for the Middlebury Actor's Workhop, production of Eric Obermyer's, On the Verge. The play is a complex assemblage of language strung together as a play, about three Victorian Women, who while trekking the globe begin to travel across time as well. For me the thing sings of steam punk gears and corsets, pilot googles and pit helmets.
I've started collecting images, tear sheets that will inspire me as I design. Next week, I will be booking appointments to pull from the various costume stocks I am associated with so I can get this thing moving forward.
































2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Wow! Is this ever going to be fun. Love your inspiration photos...can't wait to see the costumes!

Artsnark said...

What fun! Look forward to your seeing your designs!